Hanghzou Dianzi University Library was founded in 1956, under
the name of Hangzhou Wireless Industry School Library. Following the
changes of the University’s name, it Changed to Hangzhou Institute of
Electronic and Engineering Library, and in 2004, it gained its present
name. The old building of HDU Library located in Wenyi
campus has an area of 6,400 square meters and the new building located in Xiasha campus has an area of 28,000 Square meters.
Hangzhou Dianzi University
Library's collection is emphasized on Science and Technology and also
covers broad subjects of Humanities, Social Sciences and Management. The
total collections of HDU Library amounts to 2.46 million volumes, including
1460,000 printed books, 1000,000 e-books, 30,00 Hangzhou Dianzi University theses, more than 2,500
current serials and 50 titles of online databases.